Pages

Thursday 10 January 2013

THIS COULD HAVE BEEN.... BUT IT IS'NT!

So, I havent written for a few days. Why?
Well that comes under THIS COULD HAVE BEEN........  The Ugly, The Bad, The Good.........

The Ugly: The words I used when I dropped the soap in the shower and when trying to retrieve,(and failing!), I hit my head. The feelings (negative), I had  towards the person who woke me at 8:35 and asked me to make an appointment..... ( I  keep books, ibuprofen cream, a glass of water, even a torch by my bed......... but not my diary!!!). How much I wished I could murder Alexander Graeme Bell after the phone rang and rang yesterday, and practically each call gave me another issue to solve !
The Bad: Tired , so so tired, so I had an afternoon nap....... one phone call and two deliveries later, I gave up. Emails to answer. Photocopies of passport etc to be certified, (For the second time, for the same process!!). The fact that I must have ticked the wrong box, though I thought I hadn't, and will be charged £35 for  the morgage money to be given to me. Yorks Water telling me that I use 50% more water than the average single person! Finding out that my house is  Leasehold not Free hold.... (have never paid rent!) Should have gone out today but too exhausted and dragged down by dross!

The Good: Tescos Fish Pie, yummy. Phone calls from my daughters. Emails from friends.Visits from friends. New jeans in sale (turquoise!yey!!!) £9 !!! Very Yey!!! Speedy call back from Wrigley Claydon re Free/Lease Hold info and copy to be sent of tenancy agreement. (999yr lease from 1909... so cant see a prob!). Friends visiting.

So this could have been another of my rant Blogs... and believe me, I could have bored you rigid with the detail!, but I heard of a death today. A man whom I didn't ever meet, but felt I knew. Thoughts of him cause me a sharp intake of breath and  deep sadness.
and thus now to write.......


BUT..... IT ISN'T
Because today a great Campaigner  for MND awareness, himself suffering with MND , ALS, died. His name was Alistair. Known as Alistair the Optimist. He was a husband, a father a teacher and enjoyed singing. His record was used by the MNDA as a face of MND . I remember so vividly hearing his words at the MND conference in spring last year.

As a tribute to Alistair I shall include two clips from You Tube.


ALISTAIR R.I.P.







HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND.

No comments:

Post a Comment