Pages

Saturday 31 March 2012

TAKING IT STEADY.

Today I got dressed at 2:30!  I spoke to my neighbours who, (thankyou all), are happy to be linked via a telephone alert,  if I should fall or feel ill. This will be put in within 2 weeks. The difficult bit is that they will be alerted if I'm on the floor and don't get up within 30 secs... It takes me much longer than 30 secs to get off the floor.. a design fault here???!!!
I went to the gallery and paid for my space. The exhibition is called   " a  MAY zing". Two special events: the official opening is on May 5th, (6-8 pm), and A Tea For MND, fundraiser, on May 13th... a free cup of tea and an exorbitant donation for a cake , please!!! Also a raffle... so if any of you can bake, ( then donate back to eat!!) or have a raffle prize... do contact me.  EVERYBODY WELCOME.


In the post I got the transcript of the interview I did with Jo Black who works for the agency to do with a positive death. It made me sad to read my views, I'm not able to write these down for you now... I'm not that brave . It was very personal. But one sentence stands out... "Sometimes I just want to scream, but there is no-one to scream to....... This disease is very lonely".


Tomorrow I go to the MND conference. I have to be ready to leave at 8:30.... heaven only knows how I'll manage it! But the thought of the next few days of rest , spur me on.

HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND

No comments:

Post a Comment