Pages

Friday 4 May 2012

UPS AND DOWNS

This has been a difficult day, but will end happily as Chrissie and Andy are en route for the weekend, for the opening of   a-MAY-zing!  Rach, Chrissies room-mate at uni will also be coming tomorrow. YEY!!


The downs, it seems that Calderdale will fund the adaptations to the new bungalow.. as long as I put my house on the market. So I contacted a financial adviser and have arranged a meeting to get Equity release on this house.
Scott my OT visited and paid me a compliment, I think, that I am very proactive in getting stuff sorted, most people sit back and wait. But I want to live until I die!  


Good news form WAV provider they can get a lock down device designed for the Dragon wheelchair. So I shall have  test drive in a WAV, a Peugeot Impulse. Its a van really I can have black or dark blue... my choice is dark blue.


Good news from OT, the rise and recline chair is soooo useful, but not too comfortable. I can have one specially made for my needs... and no means test!!


Difficult:I got a letter from the DVLA. I may only drive until the end of May. I have to fill in a form to drive after that date and have to be assessed ever 3 months.So it is imperative that I get a suitable car pdq!!


Chrissie has just rung, just 30mins away. I shall carry on printing my bags till they come then wine and Pizza!!

HUG ME , I'VE GOT MND

No comments:

Post a Comment