Pages

Wednesday 30 May 2012

WEDNESDAY... I THINK!!!!

This morning I had to be up and dressed for Dr Cerys from Sheffield. She is doing research on life activities and the effect on MND. It was  2 hour interview, but as I had remembered meeting her in Sheffield, I realised she was pregnant... so I was anxious that there was no cigarette smoke around. It turns out her baby is due 2 weeks after Christina's ie late Sept.
Anyway prior to the interview I had to fill in a timeline of things that happened work-wise, education, family, health, holidays, pets etc etc... This time line was used ton help with the questions she asked. Though I have never been sporty active , it did come out that I have been an active person... well I hope it happens that this is useful to someone.
After the Dr went ,I had time for a quick cigarette!! Sorry, but a need...
Then Sarah, podiatrist arrived. She made a splint for the toes on my left foot. They are turning under and causing pain. I hope this splint will help.
I decided that I needed a treat lunch ,so baked garlic prawns and had an avocado pear. I was resting, supposedly,    then... but my heart rate kept going up and up. I think it was anxiety about getting out of the house at 3 to get to the hospital for 4 to see my CBT  contact , Christine.
Well I summoned up the energy, one step at a time. Helen and Steve helped me out and I actually got a parking space not far from the psychology dept. I walked very slowly in. Rang the bell... 5 times.. no answer... by this time I was leaning against the wall and about to sink to the floor,,, my legs were so weak. It turns out that all admin staff had to go on a course and the other people in the building should have taken the bell calls... but they didn't .
 Eventually Christine herself appeared and helped me to the office. It was a slow walk. Christine is a climber  and has been to Everest Base camp... this was the same journey for me, ie up the corridor to her office.
We talked about issues for an hour, she then helped me to my car.
Our next appointment will be at my present home. When I get the car and wheelchair I will be able to do these visits myself, but how kind of her to do a home visit.
Actually when things get bad and perhaps I am totally in bed, she has promised to always see me, and to do home visits.

So I got home. But today I have had pain in the front of my right leg. Hope this isn't an indicator of more weakness on the way..... Anyway Steve was looking out and carried stuff from car and then came in to put re-cycling out...
So that is me up to date... going to get dinner now and watch The Apprentice... how dim are some of those youngsters.. I'm sure I could do better at the challenges... but could I work with SIR Alan!!! ???

HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND

No comments:

Post a Comment