Pages

Wednesday 10 October 2012

BEING BRAVE IN THE GREEN VAN!!!

I realised that I needed to get in the van and drive. 

I got in. Turned engine on. Switched special switches that allow the brake and hand systems to activate.

Then..... Do I put in gear or take off hand-brake... I pondered for several minutes.... WHEN.... Laura arrived, early. Bless her, saved me from having to decide.!

1:30 walking with K and C.  

Mid afternoon Elsa rang did I need any shopping? Response from me, No thanks, but have you half an hour to just be with me whilst I try to drive up road....

Elsa had better idea, me to drive her to Tescos (Hx),, No., too far. Co-op, No too small a car park to use van exit.. Morrisions? Yes OK. Arranged to meet at 6:00.

6:05 and Elsa rang. Would be with me in 5mins. 

6:12 and E arrived. She walked in asking if I was ill. No merely terrified. 

Well I did it. Parked. Went round supermarket. Discovered that many things I wanted were out of my reach! But people kind and helpful.

Into car park. Operate ramp when no traffic around... Didn't imagine man parked opposite would just back out.

Pressed all buttons imaginable and ramp stopped! 

Had to go into middle of roadway to line up to get up ramp. Realised I was invisible from the side (it was dark)... Need reflectors like cyclists wear.

Home. With trepidation managed driveway.

Felt quite sick with the end of the adrenaline.

HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND

2 comments:

  1. Poor you Nikki! I know I've said it before but you are SO brave to do all of this on your own. All I have to offer is a hug, I'm afraid. But lots of them xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you went to morrisons im impressed ,you deserve more chips and hugs for that xx

    ReplyDelete