Pages

Wednesday 10 October 2012

SECOND VISIT TO OVERGATE HOSPICE

Up at 7:30... need two hours to eat b.fast and shower. Ready right on the dot of 9:30. 
I saw the transport go past twice.. they couldn't find house! Eventually set off at 9:45.

Bright sunny day. Blinds closed at Hospice. Apparently sun gets in the eyes of people opposite the window and is too warm for those by the window... Oh well! Seems a shame not to enjoy the sun... but that's me!!

Asked re menu.. I could see Cottage Pie.. (I hate mince, especially institutional mince). So opted for Jacket pot, tuna mayo and salad.

I then started my interview with Teena... a "getting to know you time". After a short while Jenny arrived. 
Jenny is a volunteer artist who was happy to share water colour techniques. We started with primary colours...... I slipped in I had an HND in Fine Art... we went on to dilution.... Then at 11:55 the table needed to be laid for lunch. But I hadn't touched the paint ! Resolved to get my watercolours out and have a go to show next week.

Escape for Nicotine.... 

Noon, lunch.  Very good, simple, filling!

More interview... 
2:00  Bus arrives to bring me back to Misty Morn.

A short sit, followed by a frenzied lay of table ( 3hrs!!), ready for book group at 8:00.

A great evening, discussing books recently read,  which we would recommend.

Well,I haven't read since diagnosis... can't concentrate... so I did a Victoria Wood monologue, "Giving Notes"... based on an am-dram Hamlet... It went down well, I feel.

All hands to the pump and the house was cleared!!! 

Bed, Shattered!!!

HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you got more out of the book group than hospice visit Nikki! Hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete