Pages

Sunday 14 October 2012

ENDING WITH ARTICHOKES

I've had a lovely weekend, despite the fact that Liza and family were to have been here........ Illness prevented.

On Saturday I mooched about, and then showered , dressed and put make up on (yes really!!), ready for an evening at the Todmorden Hippodrome to see Calendar Girls. Elsa picked me up and off we set. We were met by friends Maria, Barry and Liz. My sadness was that Liza was missing.

The performance was great. I particularly was touched by the scene when the letters from other people with leukaemia were received. My only criticism would be that the music didn't fade, it simply stopped. For some pieces this was mid-word and jarred on me. But this apart, the production and performances were fantastic. ( I did the sketches which the photographer shows to the women, to show that nudes need not be rude! ). 

I met lots of friends and got lots of hugs. It's strange being down so low though. But Barry did kneel down at one point to talk. I was very touched and gratified for this action. 

Afterwards we all went  to my house,  shared some wine and chatted.

This morn I realised I didn't need to get up and had decided to stay in bed as long as I wanted ! I was a little surprised when I woke at7:15 ... Rats !!! I had a a cuppa then back to bed... but noted the sunrise. Mist covered all but the few houses in front of mine, allowing only a thin distant strip of hills with just Stoodley Pike showing. 

I slept till noon.

I then spent most of the day sorting stuff.. it takes ages.. and despite being in painting clothes, didn't touch the brushes!

What I did do, was sort portrait pics of my grandchildren, to put in frame, and also scanned pics of the girls in my family to add to another frame.

 My mum.. I don't know when this was taken , probably pre 1949... but isn't she beautiful.
 Me in 1967.. a Christmas pic for my parents in my first year at college in Leicester.
Liza with Chrissie, in my parents garden. They had such fun playing in this large garden and orchard.. I took and developed this pic... about 1986.

Looking back was a sad moment in my day , but on balance a good weekend.


So.... ending with Artichokes.
Had a fav , simple meal tonight, pasta with artichokes... ready in 10 mins !


HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND

No comments:

Post a Comment