Pages

Tuesday 2 October 2012

WHITE RABBITS !

Yes it's Oct 1st ! 
Mum always said that the first thing you had to say on the first of every month is, "White Rabbits"... it brings you luck apparently. BUT as I never  remember, I'm not rating this!
In fact,  My first words were, " Morning Meggie, bathroom for me, then tuna for you"!!

Oct 1,  and the day to begin painting. One year exactly to my next big exhibition.. and the opening of my sister Blog, "A Year in My Studio".

10:30 and Paul from Calderdale Transport came to check access and look at my wheelchair, to check they would be able to take me to Overgate Hospice tomorrow. All passed fine. Apparently, for my chair you need strong bands to lock down, ambulances don't carry these..... Why????

11:00 and an interview for research purposes with Melanie , she works on a project at Sheffield , looking into possible links between chemical exposure and MND. This lasted an hour, and is the third piece of research I have contributed to.

12:30 and I called Stuart at Brookes Millor, Elland. BOTH parts are now in for the new braking system for my car. He asked me deliver the car. Didn't seem to get it that I cant drive the car, as it is not safe!!! He said well , you've been driving it haven't you,  and seemed amazed when I said I hadn't  But  why did he think I needed the new brake system, if not for the very reason that  the car is unsafe to drive!! Beats me!!! When I asked how did the brake system work, he responded that he didn't know and had never actually fitted one!!! 
OH Dear!! Im not holding my breath that I will motoring from Friday!!!

1:30 and Karen and Chris arrived. They had stopped for chips on the way and have promised to bring me some on Wednesday. Yey!!!! Brill , thanks!  But their real purpose is to walk me... I did the long circuit with the zimmer..

Chicken stock bubbled away and eventually I made and ate soup at 9:15 !

6:30 and Justine arrived with some mushrooms (requested for my soup) and a lovely bunch of flowers. Very timely, as my lilies had died.  I do love flowers. We looked through the many, many sketches I had done for Calendar Girls. She seemed pleased.


9:00 and Ester visited. She ironed my jeans for tomorrow and did a few other jobs. She brought me a plated meal too. Yum!!!

11:00 and Ester went. I sat quietly, and the next thing I knew it was 1:00 am.. and so to bed....

Hospice visit tomorrow.. anxious.

HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND

1 comment:

  1. Hope the visit went well Nikki. I'm sure there was nothing to be nervous about. Here's hugging you xxx

    ReplyDelete