Pages

Wednesday 3 October 2012

TASTE !!

Weird day, re food.              Thus  title...


I woke with alarm, starving !! and needing something sweet. So had croissants with Nutella for breakfast. 

Stuart came to collect car for it's adaptations. (YEY?) . I once again asked what difference the braking system would make. Once again his response was, that he didn't know, had never fitted this adaptation. I did find out that Motability are being charged £570 for this work!!! I'm not holding my breathe. Confidence that I will have a drivable car, when it's returned on Fri, is very low. 
But ever positive, I'll keep hoping!!!

Laura came to clean. She did a tremendous job, everything sparkles... YEY!! Just what I need and do so like. 

A dear friend, who makes me smile so much, she is so positive and funny,....... brought me some chips at noon. They were perfect ! She did think she might have time to bring them up, so I was somewhat expectant... BUT ... WOW ,,,,what a treat ! Cooked in oil and covered in vinegar!!! A big portion too, and I ate every single one!!!   
So , so YUM!!!!

At 1:30 the nurses came to walk me. I did a full circuit, but was very tired. 
Using my arms all morning had already left me in a quite exhausted state... But I did cope. YEY!!! 
Need to keep this movement going, it will bode well for all the times when I have to stand, eg going to the toilet... ( sorry, but use of toilets are big in my life... well the difficulty in getting off them!!!)

A quite time from 3:00 .... I worked on the Calendar Girls  sketch that needed adjustment.. I wondered why I was finding it so difficult to do, when after an hour, I realised I needed something sweet ........and my glasses!!!!! ( 3 X Cadburys Roses!!) 

Richard ( landlord) came to fix loft ladder, but couldn't. It needs new catch. He was very apologetic, but these things happen.. no prob for me, (unless it falls on my head  !!) .. I've been assured it wont.

But then was hungry. Now not for sweet,  but savoury. I ate a whole 210gm tin of Olives stuffed with anchovies... and if I had had another tin, that would have gone too!! (Now on Tesco list for next week!)

How weird, sweet, savoury,sweet, savoury... and the extremes of each!!!

So now as I write I am awaiting my dinner to be cooked.
Chicken and mushrooms, in a white sauce,  with onions and THREE garlic cloves...
can't wait!!!!
And  for dessert .. a sweet (!) song .




HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND


1 comment: