Pages

Friday 12 October 2012

WHAT A WOMAN WILL DO FOR VANITY !

Today, having taken my Bravery pills, I set off, by myself, in my green van. Destination, Tod and the Eden Spa Beauty Studio... to have my nails done.

I was rather frightened, after all this was my first alone drive. All went very well till just outside the Co-op in Hebden Bridge where a woman ran out of the shop and straight onto the Pedestrian crossing. She stopped, (thank god), I couldn't ... even though I was only doing 20mph. She shook her fist at me, and I mentally swore at her. 

Imagine, if I had hit her ! My confidence would have been lost forever, ie re driving. 

I got to Lidl car park, didst go to disabled area ,as I wanted to be well out of the way when I opened the back of the van. All went well and I crossed the road and straight into Salon Eden. Rebecca opened the door,  made her usual mean cup of tea, and then did my nails with a lovely pink , covered with a glitter layer.

I realised that as I was on my way home, I would be arriving at Misty Morn at school out time.. so I decided to go on up the Keighley Road, park up, look at the view, and wait till 3:30.. This I did.

Having discussed with the driving instructor the best way to get into my drive, it was decided that I would be best off going to the Bus turning circle, turn, and approach MM driveway , turning right and also starting on the correct side of the road.

So down to the turning circle I went. BUT, Rats, there was a bus parked there!!! So I continued up hill ( calmly  !!!!),  and started to turn on the bend in the road where there is a driveway. 

The gods were against me, as, at that moment, the home owner returned wanting to get up his drive. I tried to do a quick turn. Mistake. Ended up straddled across the road as I hadn't turned sufficiently. So reverse. By now home owner parked waiting, two car up road waiting and one on the down stretch... Oh, and lady with dog, popped in front of me too. Poor woman, what a lucky escape she had!!! 

But telling myself to keep calm, I extricated myself, gave a sunny "thankyou" wave to the world and proceeded to park outside MM. I got up the drive, really well.

I really am proud of myself, (and as for those Bravery Pills........  well they really do work)... it's all in the mind, this keeping positive. YEY!!!!

HUG ME,I'VE GOT MND.

No comments:

Post a Comment