Pages

Friday 19 October 2012

COPY OF EMAIL SENT TO HALIFAX RSPCA


About 13yrs ago, I adopted Meggie from you. She had been abandoned with her kittens. The kittens were re-homed very quickly but Meggie was in such a bad state that you had to care for her for quite sometime, until she was fit enough to be re-homed.
It was December 30th when I came along to your branch and saw Meggie . She was my first ever cat. Meggie came to my home on New years eve, returning a week later to be neutered.

Meggie has been a loyal, loving companion and I have loved and cared for her every day... even when she brought in all the mice!!!!

Three days ago Meggie stopped eating. Her always glossy coat, went dull. She walked very slowly. I had made an appointment to see the vet yesterday, but true to the independent cat spirit, she went awol! How she managed to not be found, I have no idea!

I feared then that she might have gone away to die, but hoped I was wrong.

Meggie returned mid evening. She slept on a pillow on the spare bed all night, but managed to get down to use the litter tray... a lady till the end.

This morning,with a heavy heart,we went to the vets. Meggie was found to have a growth, and the vet advised that the kindest thing to do, considering her age, would be to have her put to sleep.
I kissed her head, then stroked her and told her how much I loved her whilst the injection sent her to sleep.She looked into my eyes till the very end.

I can not begin to tell you how much joy Meggie has brought into my life.
I'm now terminally ill with Motor Neurone Disease, so another pet would be out of the question as it would be disruptive and thus I feel unkind to any animal, and would therefore be a selfish act on my part.

But what I need to say to you, via this email is:  

Thankyou  RSPCA, Meggie has brought such joy into my life. she was my little companion and so, so loving. It's hard to imagine tomorrow without her. 


HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND

1 comment:

  1. Your blog was very hard to read today....I don't know how you managed to write it, I was in in tears....Meggie was lucky to have a home with you x and hugs.

    ReplyDelete