Pages

Monday 22 October 2012

MR KIPLING CAKES SYNDROME....

One of my family jokes is that, people who don't like strong curry, always order Chicken Korma... this is  known as Chicken Korma syndrome...

So what is Mr Kipling Cake Syndrome... actually far more deadly !

My Mum went down in health whist she lived alone, prior to her move to a residential home. I realised she was eating less and less.. and took home-cooked frozen meals  to her every Sunday when I travelled north to see her. Having looked in the freezer and fridge, I knew she was eating less and less. I realised the easy option had become a cup of tea with a Mr Kipling Cake.

Mums health went down and down... Eventually she told me she wished to move into a residential home. She moved into Waterside, Tod... AND within a week of good balanced meals became the bright active star that he had formerly been..... amazing what a balanced diet can do  !!

So what has this to do with me?

For 5 days whilst Meggie was ill and I was soo soo anxious I ate food that would fill me,  eg toast, and crisps.. and coffee... So last Saturday when I had Pizza and salad with The Palmers I nearly fainted...

I rested...  Realising I needed  a wake-up call !!!!

I realised that diet was so important  and on Sunday and the days since I have concentrated on making sure I have had loads of protein... mainly chicken and fish...

OK , Im still soo soo sad... so so in pain over the loss of my beloved Meggie....

BUT I know now that with a proper diet I will be more able to cope...

No Mr Kipling Cake syndrome for me !!

HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND

No comments:

Post a Comment