Pages

Sunday 7 October 2012

HAPPY/SAD

My friend Christine visited with her husband Richard, today. They were on their way back from Scarborough where Laura Doddington is in the Ayckbourn play. They really enjoyed the plays, especially the new on , "Surprises".

It was so lovely to see her. 
We were at college in the same Drama group and Ed group, and both ended up in Cambridge , Mill Road, having babies at the same time. 

They brought a lovely selection of foods for lunch with some Prosecco... so no practise drive today!!!

Lovely Tom popped in with the remainder of the Thorn Place contents... the spare room is now, once again, full.
Laura comes tomorrow, so I know what we will be doing!!!!

So why the title ? 
Well, I was so happy to see Chris, I've known her, after all, for 45yrs..   OK,  on and off contact, but always  at important moments of our lives. So when she said she would visit again, I was so happy, she's 4 hrs away, a long drive,... but sad that I cant visit her... and it struck me that one day there will be the time when we will hug and say goodbye for the very last time....

... and this will inevitably happen with all my dear friends...........

Should I publish this? 

Well I think so, it is a diary of how I am feeling, how I am coping. 

Sorry:   But though I rant re cars etc, and witter on about unpacking... sometimes, just sometimes... it really gets you what having MND means. 

HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND




1 comment:

  1. Big hugs to you Nikki. It's horrible on the days when the enormity of it all kicks in. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete