Pages

Tuesday 7 February 2012

ANXIOUS

Tomorrow Sean and Julia, (Occupational Therapists) , come to visit. They will assess my home, for suitability to adapt and stay here, or move... Of course a bungalow would be suitable... but I live in the Pennines.. there are very few bungalows and those that are available are more expensive than my home.. 
The real value of staying here is threefold: My brilliant , helpful , kind, neighbours: My cat (Meggie is a special friend and so loving. (Those of you without pets won't understand, but believe me she is very important in my life)); and finally, the fact that this is my home..( My colours, my things, my place where I feel safe and comfortable) ... 
I looked at disability . gov re housing...     it seems to be easy if you are in local authority housing or if you receive benefits (So sorry if I sound like Jeremy Kyle!).. I don't fit into either category... 
Why is it that if you have worked, paid taxes..... all your life.... and own your own home,  that you seem to be disadvantaged?  !!! 
Maybe I've got it wrong... perhaps tomorrow will be OK..( I would love to be surprised)....So let's hope tomorrow will be OK..... Let's hope there are grants... 
No-one has explained this.. or seems to have the answers to my questions...So...
Tonight I'm scared.. 
I feel it will not be fair if I am dumped in a place that is not to my liking.,.. I may only live for 3-5 yrs (or actually even less) ...so I am frightened about tomorrow.. and more than ever need your support. 
Thankyou all so much for what you have  given me already, your love and support means so very much.....MND is such a lonely place, I need you all.

HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND.

2 comments:

  1. You know you have my support, ring if you need to talk. Big hug x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope tomorrow goes well for you -I will be thinking about you x

    ReplyDelete