Pages

Wednesday 8 February 2012

HOKEY COKEY

"You put a (right hand) stair rail in!... You take a (left hand) stair rail out!... that's what it's all about!"... if you are to have an interim stair lift (which won't be my taste necessarily, but will be free)...
Can't believe it! Azimmer frame ( to get up steps at front, to car) and a stair lift all in one week... this is what happens when you're 80+ but not to me! But it's happening.

The visit today was extremely difficult to cope with. All my thoughts on adaptation were either against building regs or will be impossible re space.. the suggestions and changes to my lovely home were/are so difficult to cope with I can't possibly write it all here... so it looks like I will have to move.

My brain says this should be sooner rather than later so that I don't have to adjust to a new place when I'm basically house-bound... my heart says that I don't want to leave my home... my neighbours are so kind, thoughtful and helpful.. I look upon them with so much gratitude and love. I can't believe I am so fortunate as to know them... and whilst I know they will keep in touch, it won't be the same as them being next door.

So, yes,I'm feeling sorry for myself, and I'm trying hard to be positive, but tonight my life seems quite shit! (sorry if you're offended but it's the only appropriate word to use).

The brightest spot of the day was a visit by Sue the MND rep for the area.. she said you have to keep up your calories as your muscles need higher amounts... so Ice Cream... here I come!!!!! YEY!!!!

HUG ME ,I'VE GOT MND

2 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoyed your ice cream with chocolate sauce or maple syrup perhaps. Trust you to look on the bright side. Bit like the saying "you have to laugh or you would cry" x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and me too Nikki x I was 45 at point of diagnosis !!! 10 months ago.... fell over and cried in my lounge this pm, am contemplating my retirement, can't move my feet and toes, have a downstairs wet room being installed and my dining room is becoming a bed room! My mother is 76yrs and can move faster and better than me!! How did this all happen ? Oh yes I have MND :-( Yes I am feeling sorry for myself - if you facebook find me at Motor Neurone Together We Stand - to rant, cry, console, laugh and smile .... support group of sufferers and carers xxx we do keep each other going. It might be cyber friendship but it is real friendship too xxx big hugs to you darling xxx get in contact xx Maria xx

    ReplyDelete