Pages

Wednesday 22 February 2012

CATCHING UP ON 48HRS.

Lots of bits today:
My feet are cold!
Someone mentioned , I forget whom, that would a helper dog be useful. Tonight it would be great if Meggie were a helper cat. My feet are freezing and my slippers upstairs. I haven't the energy to go up so am siting with a blanket wrapped round them. I did ask Meggie to fetch, but sadly she didn't.I still love her... though she cost me £35 at the vets for her flea and worm drops today.(You'd think she'd repay my generosity by getting my slippers, wouldn't you, but as far as she is concerned drops on her neck are a monthly torture , so I guess we are quite!!) I went into the Mytholmroyd vets... they are computer linked to the Tod vets and so could give me the right stuff... also good parking and flat entry..Good one!
Manners are not what they used to be and Don't judge a book by it's cover!
Yesterday. started early.. well for me.. fasting blood test at 9:30 .. had trouble getting off my armless chair and thus was slow to respond to the call of my name... The vampire was less than sympathetic!! But on the up side, a woman, whom from the looks of her would be less than caring had offered me her seat. Two points here, DO NOT judge a book by it's cover... and why don't parents pop their children on their knee when there is obivious that there are no seats and a wobbly woman (me) arrives. When I was a child it was a matter of principle and pride, that I would sit on my mums knee , or stand, if an older person needed a seat... Manners are not what they used to be!
Home for Breakfast.
I'm enjoying the Frosties ans whole milk left over from the visit of my grandchildren.. A treat as I normally have Weetabix with skim milk... No comparison!
Todmorden Hippodrome.
Steven collected my paintings, loaded them all in his car and took them to the theatre. There was a moment of sadness here.. last June he did the same and there I was helping him... now ,no way I can't  even carry them let alone get up and down thee steps..... very sad. But I'm grateful for his help.
We went to the theatre and between us put up my exhibition.. Is Anyone Perfect...?  It's in the foyer during the run of Nobody's Perfect, which opens tonight.
Bath Chair
Scott then arrived with chair for bath.. It didn't fit! RATS! I was so looking forward to being able to shower and feel safe, at the moment it's very stressful as I wobble whilst standing on the mat.
Time Off
A few hours rest, snooze in chair.
Visitor
7:00 and  Tony arrived complete with bottle of red wine... we has a great chat.. lots of it could be taken as black humour, talking about funeral planning. His sister had a terminal illness and planned her funeral, apparently it was perfect. We swapped notes and had many laughs.Brill
The Blog Works!
Had a call from a friend this morning, she had been reading the blog and knew I was busy during Mon and Tues so rang this morning.. Yey!!
Lunch.
Yum.. met 5 ex colleagues for lunch.. education thoroughly discussed and dissected! These are lovely times, no need to concentrate of what I can or can't do, just good food and wine with friends.
Mounting labels for Exhibition.
This didn't go perfectly as the metal ruler I needed ,is up in the attic.. simply couldn't manage the stairs, no energy.
Scott
Arrived with the bath seat (yesterdays one) it was adjustable, which he hadn't realised!!.. so now I can be not only clean , but confidently clean.. Think of me tomorrow morning, an extra long shower and then a free, painting day!  YEY!!!!
Theatre
Went to the Hippodrome and put up labels. No sales .... yet! fingers crossed.
Jacket Potato
Must be cooked by now ... but just before I end this ..........
Best Bit
Chrissie announced today she and Andy are having a baby, due in September... and s/he waved at them in the scan !!! How lovely an end to today. I am thrilled. I won't know him/her for very long so every moment will be very, extra special, as it is with my two other grandchildren... actually every moment spent with family and friends is so special and has, weight for weight, more value than you could ever imagine.
Love and Hugs to you all... but please..


HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND.



2 comments:

  1. Lovely to see you today. When I got home watched Mamma Mia with Rog on the new TV....felt great afterwards....looking forward to my nephews wedding in Zante now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ! you have been busy - what a lovely news......a new baby in the family, how exciting.Good luck with exhibition-perhaps you can post a few more photographs on the blog of them ? Hugs Jan x

    ReplyDelete