Pages

Sunday 19 February 2012

BOTH SIDES?

I have had an incrediably happy few days with family. 


Thinking about them, and talking about things, has made me realise that perhaps this is the place to write memories.. after all, thoughts of family now, and as was, are so close to me. For example Liza was remembering the table and chairs and where she sat with her grandparents, and how she loved the" bumps" on the chairs. ( The attachments for the leather of the seats).
.... So, in future, I shall write a few of my memories interspersed with my current thoughts.


I have always thought of this Blog as being the palce where I express myself, and that it will be here after me.. ...people may then dip into it after I've gone and I'll be there, all be it in cyber space.. so hope it won't be boring, I have lots to recount.. I feel I've had an interesting life.. and hopefully it will continue for quite a while yet. But we all know it will end sooner than planned. I accept this with grace.


For those of you who feel that baring my soul is inappropriate, I'm sorry, but I have to deal with this illness in my way, and this is my way. (and no I won't be putting in the Frank Sinatra song here... a most unfavoured song of mine!).


But now I am going to include a recent painting. I have an exhibition in May. I want to sell (wicked aren't I ?!) and I know it's the pretty ones that sell. So I'm doing those, but also cathartic ones too.


I feel that the following self portrait ( How I Felt, Dec 2011) tells a lot.  What do you think?




HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND

3 comments:

  1. You will never be boring , be sure of that. Yes the painting does tell the story.......x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It`s bold and beautiful -I love the strong colours !

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful, the eyes are haunting. See you soon.xx

    ReplyDelete