Pages

Thursday 9 February 2012

TWO THINGS TODAY...

Two things have predominated today:


The first I find offensive, a friend(?) rang and said s/he didn't believe I was ill... that I was basically attention seeking... I simply don't know how to respond to this person... finally I ended the call and said : Do please think about what you're saying...
Isn't it strange how people respond? !
I am/was prepared for people to respond differently, I know that people do... but this was unbelievable!
It has hit me that s/he could say this, I didn't ever expect this sort of response. I guess it takes all sorts to make up our world... but really!!! This is beyond my imagination, what a sick thought, that anyone would make up such a serious illness.
The last re-joinder before I ended the call, was that s/he found my blog offensive.. 
Quite simply if you do, then, please, just don't read it!
I understand that it may seem an odd way of coping, but it's my way.... 
I know that some of you found it an interesting and helpful way to keep in touch, and to you, I say thankyou. Keep reading ,and do respond if you you want to.


The second thought in my head today has been around family.
My eldest daughter rang this morning and we chatted for 45mins or more.. how lovely. I am preparing for their visit and must add Frosties to my shopping list.. the little ones love them for breakfast. 
... and whether it's because Sue, (the MND person that I saw yesterday) said that it was important to keep up your calories and gave me carte blanch(e) to enjoy rich food,.... but I've been thinking about Dad playing the piano each morning, singing along.. The song went: My wife is on a diet, and since she's on a diet, home isn't home any more........"






And here it is.... isn't you Tube amazing!!!!

HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND

2 comments:

  1. Yes You tube is amazing. I used to tap dance and one of the dances I can still do (of a fashion) is to "Singing in the Rain" I performed it (avec umbrella) for my 2 eldest grand children....it was silly but they thought it was great. However my son went on You Tube and found lots of versions for them to watch. And then Jason performed it on Strictly. I believe there is a new show in London too! Hope the painting is going well....I am upset for you about your friends response....maybe sh/e does not want to believe it! Keep blogging.....and hugging xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That person doesn't deserve you as a friend - forget it when you know you are loved and admired by so many others - not easy, I'm sure.
    As for dancing - I was sent to ballet as a young girl - I was all elbows and rib-cage and so skinny - I resembled an etiolated bean seedling that had been kept in the dark too long!
    BUT I love dancing - just a shame that I was always much taller than all the boys as a teenager and was always left out!
    Big Hugs coming your way via the snow crystals and icicles - keep safe and warm.
    Love - Jenny xxxx

    ReplyDelete