Pages

Tuesday 21 February 2012

Monday, Monday...

Today has been extremely busy and tomorrow will be too! But the rest of the week should be more calm and give me time for painting.
Today I went to see the "Breathing" consultant.. Had a chest X-ray and was told I would be sent an appointment to have a base-line strength of my muscles test.ie. those muscles that control my breathing. My breathing is ok now, but inevitably  the muscles will deteriorate. 


Generally when you exercise  , muscles get stronger... when you have MND , the more you you use muscles the weaker they get, so that's why fatigue must be avoided.. Chest muscles deteriorate (but aren't yet) , as my leg muscles are doing.


Enough of factual medical bits for now... after all this I went to collect my new reading glasses... bright blue with lime green.. and chose the frame for my varifocals. I have gone back to rimless, the bridge over the nose is pale pink, as are the sides, so a good days work.
I'm shattered. Rebecca was looking out for my return tonight, carried my parcels in and made me a cup of tea... even so it was an hour before I had the energy to take my coat off!!


Mustn't eat or drink any more tonight, the delights of fasting blood test in the morning . Off to the Hippodrome to put up my exhibition: Is Anyone Perfect. It will be in the foyer during the run of the play Nobody's Perfect, which opens on Wednesday, through to Saturday. 


HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND

No comments:

Post a Comment