Pages

Sunday 30 September 2012

LAST THREE DAYS OF SEPTEMBER

Friday and I was just out of bed when the ambulance service arrived for the ecg machine. Weirdly I didn't really have the heavy heart-beat that was being checked. However since the machine was off in the last 48 hrs I must have had at least 5 episodes!!!

Barry had responded to my plea (well txt), for help, and arrived about 11:00. I had decided that as Meggie had been in the cattery for over two weeks and now at MM for 15 days, it was time for her to be allowed out. 
The reason I needed help with this, is that the utility room is too narrow for me to get to the back door. Meggie would have to be pushed through the cat flap in order for it to recognise her microchip. Meggie would then be the only cat that could use the flap. 

She went out happily, but when it came to coming back in she stood at the door.. and didn't push to enter!!  Eventually Barry caught her and shoved her back through. Even now, I'm not too sure she is using the flap!

We put the easel up and attached the day-light lamp and moved round yet more boxes!!
Before Barry left he hoovered. He seems to like hoovering,  and I wont spoil his fun !!!

On Friday night I was supposed to go to the pictures with Elsa and Julia.. but was too tired.

Saturday and Elsa was at M&S, so got meal, a dine in for two. Cooked chicken and squared potatoes... Simple meal Sat night. 

AS Meggie was now allowed out I went to the bins and also sat out for a brief few moments of sunshine. It was so good to be able to go out without first locking her in. So good, to just leave the doors open. Meggie joined me in the sun but went in before I did! I think she went through flap later, but it takes me so long to get there to see , she has moved on by the time I reach the utility room. 
I worked on the Calendar Girl sketches.. on the i pad.. 


This is one of my favourites...

Watched X Factor.. Good over 28's but think that's about it.
Bed.. 
Alarm on , .........................because......

Alarm on because Liz had phoned last night and offered to come and make breakfast. I got up showered, had just finished when she arrived:.... With eggs, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes, fresh bread rolls, orange juice, a Sunday Times...........and her printer cable. ( I cant find mine!!)

We had a great chat, and lovely food and I printed out the Calendar Girls pics to check for errors. 
Since Liz left I have been working on the final versions and have contacted Justine to see when she can pick up the stick... BECAUSE...

Tomorrow, Oct 1st I am going to begin to paint again. I have one year to go till my next exhibition!
The work I do may well document the use of my hands.... who knows. I am planning to open another Blog, to be named , "A Year In My Studio"... wish this was A year In Provence or something  similar with sunshine andwine and peace....!!!! 

This Blog will be occasional writing, documenting my work and my feelings about it, and will include lots of photos. 
 I had to pay to continue with my web-site and it  had to be resurrected by  July when I was up to my ears in moving, car etc.   I decided to just let that web-site die... maybe this new Blog will serve as well?

I am actually sitting on a "REAL" chair. I have had 4 5"  elephant feet, put under my chair, covered in a brill Bahama Blue cover.. I dyed it from beige.. How nice it is to be "normal". The  reason I have it is to peruse my paintings as they progress. 
Oh, I did say lovely colour of chair... well it was! But... I had to water the plant on the window sill. As I moved it,I noticed that the mat underneath had gone mouldy and had leaked colour onto the window sill. Got bleach spray... window sill didn't come clean but, as Im a little clumsy, I dripped bleach onto chair. Rats!! Lovely Bahama Blue with white spot !!
A last thought.  I turned on TV whilst I did drawing... The filer was Towering Inferno... quickly I turned it off.. 
This film was on on the night my daughter Eleanor died, it shakes me even now, I re-live the event... over and over... and it was 31 yrs ago. 
As I sit here, her picture is on the window sill... she was a very pretty baby... 
Its strange how we respond to triggers. Usually for me its a smell. And I must say these triggers are usually pleasant and welcome... but not Towering Inferno.


HUG ME,I'VE GOT MND

4 comments:

  1. That's sad, Nikki. But I'm glad that you're making progress with 'stuff'. Here's hugging you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes this is a happier blog and good for Meggie, she will get used to the flap I am sure x

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are Amazing massive hugs and chips to you xx

    ReplyDelete