Pages

Sunday 18 March 2012

CATCHING UP

To start with, an apology to the 57 people who viewed my blog in the last two days , only to find there was no new writing! I have had a quiet few days.. though in this catch-up they might be seen as quiet to you but v busy for me, as my energy levels have been low.
All moans will be in bold.


I am fed up with having very,very cold feet!
Even now with the heating on, a blanket around them, wearing thermal socks and slippers, they are FREEZING!!!!


So back to last Friday.A guy call Peter rang at 8:10! To fix an appointment later in the afternoon to assess me for an indoor motorized wheel chair. The idea being that I save as much energy as possible. BUT: The chair is RED. He didn't even laugh when I said it would clash with my fushia pink carpet! He then promised that it would be with me soon, as people with MND and cancer are given speedy service, to make the best use of the chair. (A double edged sword here I think).
Also on Friday, I had planned to go to see The  Woman in Black, at the Picture House, with Tom. By 6:00 I knew I was too tired to go... even though Tom was driving... we had even planned our treats for the film, me Lemon Drizzle cake, Tom a Magnum.
Exhaustion is so RATS!!!!


Saturday was to be the day of doing the paperwork! and a visit from Matthew and Linda. They did come bringing a lovely bouquet of pink tulips.. they also did a few jobs, taking stuff to the dump and changing a light-bulb. Thanks so much.  
BUT: No Paper-work even attempted!


This morning I woke with what I feared was a migraine, but it went almost as soon as I got out of bed. YEY!! The sunshine was so, so bright on my eyes it had had an effect. So I got up, had breakfast, changed and listened to The Archers. A good start. Then I had to go out for some cash... that's when I realised that I haven't left the house for a whole week! This will have to rectified! 
I have to go into Tod tomorrow and am at Sheffield on Wednesday, so that's two outings at least, but all medical. I need to make sure I go somewhere for FUN!!!
After my trip for money, there was a knock at the door, and a florist with a lovely pink and white bouquet from both of my daughters. How lovely, that made me feel.
 Rebecca Tom and Iris invited me for tea and cake in the garden and gave me a present. I thought it was soap... what a fool (!),..... it was when I read the labels to identify the fragrance, that I saw such and such cocoa solids! Chocolate ! YEY!!! 
Steve popped down with a small bunch of Daffs that he had been given at church, with the message that he had thought of me... How lovely people are.


Spurred on with these feelings of good will I have got through all the piles of paper, ( I swear it was 4" deep.. most to be torn up..... BUT sorted, YEY!!!!!!!!
Tomorrow I shall tackle all the emails I owe.
In between all this positive activity, I have spent some hours trying to sort  few things out on my iPAD... and not succeeded!


So I hope I've caught up, and as a treat have added one of my favourite songs, don't know if it would make it to the Desert Island, but it is on the short list.








HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND

2 comments:

  1. I was just going to send you an email,when I looked again and you had written. I thought rightly as it turned out that you must have been very tired....shame you didn't make it to the cinema. Big hug to give you energy....x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please prove you're not a robot......this is what it says when I publish my comment .....honestly I am real!!!!

    ReplyDelete