Pages

Saturday 10 March 2012

WAR HORSE

Had a good day after 10 1/2hrs sleep. Rest really is the thing that helps manage your spirit and helps you to enjoy the quality time that you have.
I had a good lunch, a cuppa with Rebecca ( she admired,declined a ride on ,the chair lift !)
Then another rest,shower,rest and out to eat at the White Lion Hebden Bridge.( Crispy Duck pancakes followed by ice-cream).
Off to The Picture House.. trying hard to ignore the aggressive geese en route... though walking stick at ready to protect us!!! Not needed, fortunately, though would have been used if necessary! 
The film was War Horse. I had heard that you needed lots of tissues.. actually mine are still in my pocket. Two bits stand out for me. As Joey ( the horse) was born, the relationship between mum and foal was simply lovely, (tissues nearly out at this point). And the part where a frightened Joey runs through barbed wire getting utterly tangled... this was an horrific scene.
Well worth seeing, but you may not need your tissues.

HUG ME , I'VE GOT MND

2 comments:

  1. Funny I cried at those bits too ! the barbed wire scene- was I found out later all done with computer trickery( made me feel a lot better!!)
    I knew too-that there were at least 22 " Joeys " after 10 mins into the film I whispered to hubby that so far I had spotted 10 different horses - he laughed later saying it had spoilt the film for him because he find himself trying to do the same !! Those pancakes sounded yummy - glad you had a nice evening -hugs Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I counted the *Joeys* too! x

    ReplyDelete