Pages

Sunday 4 March 2012

YOU JUST CAN'T MAKE PLANS..!.

First plan : Stannah man due at 9. He arrived at 8:30...I  was out of shower (yey!) , but not quite dressed, and planning to sort washing ,when I heard knocking at door... Rebecca, having seen Stannah van, was making sure I could hear man at door.. (Thankyou Rebecca... I simply don't hear well when I'm in bathroom..)  So, scrabble into rest of  clothes... not easy with my co-ordination... Then down to meet Stannah man- Simon a Man U supporter..(off to Spurs match tomorrow),  pulled a face when i checked that my chair was blue .( Man City... rivals)... but did confirm seat to be blue.
After this slight colour communication  prob we shared info on travel, cups of tea, ate toast, politics, and then coffee.... just after noon the magical moment arrived... my training session and first ride in chair lift. WOW,WOW, WOW.... how good it is to go up with no effort. I got Simon to take this pic.... first time ever in 13 yrs a client has asked him to do this... hope you appreciate his photography as much as I do his professionalism and kindness this morning.


Then Simon left... and I had a few up and down goes! YEY!! It works.

Second Plan: Had a cuppa and off to Morrisons. Thought I had only one or two items but, as you know, you always buy more than is on your list... well I do! ( Don't you?... be honest!). The queues at the checkouts were long. When I got to the checkout person, she asked if I needed a glass of water, I was apparently very pale. I did feel weak. Standing is a problem. I said I would be ok.. she suggested I go straight home and get my husband to make me a hot drink and sit down. Well, no chance there then!   I had entered Morrisons in sunshine, but when leaving it had started to rain, well not rain simply emptying the heavens!!!
Third Plan: Got parked outside house, felt weak, but was encouraged by rainbow that seemed to enter my very house. Three heavy bags, one walking stick, and zimmer frame to take down steps. It was hard work. Talked all the way down to myself to encourage myself to keep going, though back was dipping and I was now in considerable pain. At penultimate step I noted 2 frogs mating mid step. I couldn't go forward without stepping on them or banging them with my bags ,, (by now being dragged along the wet ground)  decided to shoo them off with a bang of my walking stick... No action.. they were well into it.. Desperate by now, and in considerable pain, I nudged them gently with my stick.. no reaction.. did this twice more.. THEN decided, Frogs, It's you or me !!  and I shoved them off the step. They flew a short distance, but landed still stuck together. True love or what!
Got shopping in, unpacked and sat with a roll for lunch ( v Late). THEN:
Sue and Pip arrived at 4:30 . How Brill. We celebrated with champagne, then more champagne.... forget The Earl Grey!!! YEY!! 
Fourth Plan:  I asked Pip to sort out light bulbs that had recently gone... he did the this willingly... 5 mins later the bulb in the kitchen exploded!! Pip left half -way up the step ladders and Sue and I trying to get all the glass up......OK, for Pip, but also for dear Meggies paws.. 
Decided we needed to eat.
Fifth Plan:The first course was cold, Greek type bits.. with  Pitta bread warming..... Potatoes in Microwave,  ready to go in oven to crisp up whilst we ate first leisurely course.... BUT, THEN power went off for an hour.. Sod the potatoes, rats s for the chicken..... ( second course)
BUT. We had a wonderful time eating mega amounts of starters, lovely bread, gallons of red wine, super conversation ..and all by candle-light.... never did, never could, get on to main course

Info:But  I'm not only flying with the thrill of the lift, but also because I've had a great evening with Pip and Sue (Sue and I taught together from 1974. In 1976they  had their baby, Anna...When I went to see them,  I was able to say I was pregnant with my first dear daughter, Eliza.. haven't met up for over 20yrs , but have kept in touch.. so lovely to meet up with special friends...

Sixth  Plan.. nowt.. nothing can go wrong now, no frogs in house, full of lovely (if not as planned) food and wine ,great friendship...and stair lift working. So I'm off up stairs without stress.



HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND

1 comment:

  1. Amazing tale, you make it sound like a situation comedy......oh those frogs......but you must have been desparate to get in your door with all your bags etc. You sound very up and it must be great to get up those stairs without any effort x

    ReplyDelete