Pages

Sunday 4 March 2012

WHAT A DECISION TO MAKE

At 10:00 this morning I said goodbye to Pip and Sue. We had had a lovely time together and it was so lovely to see that we still had/have so much in common. So we waved goodbye in a flurry of toast crumbs...( the pave bread from Morrisons makes wonderful toast!)

I then listened to The Archers, drank coffee, and was about to change, when the phone rang.

A friend, who has recently inherited a bungalow, proposed a plan... He and his partner had thought and agreed that they would like to help me. The offer was that the bungalow would be decorated throughout (to my colour preferences.. ie.white), new kitchen and  a bathroom to suit my needs.

Whilst this sounds too good to be true, the problems are: Its not in Tod and I would have to get to know people and I  feel that as I weaken I don't have the energy to establish new relationships; Energy and stress to move, may be energy that I don't ever get back,...... and may speed up my demise; But, most importantly, I feel safe here, loved here, wanted here.

I cant get over how kind ,and out of the blue this offer was. But I have said, no thankyou. A perfectly lovely new home won't replace my cranky house with my fantastic neighbours.

I won't name you, you know who you are. I am so touched and grateful but for the reasons above won't be able to take up this so generous offer.


I feel very hugged tonight.

HUG ME ,I'VE GOT MND

1 comment:

  1. How fantastically kind of your friends to make that offer! However I would be the same as you, great neighbours and the stress of moving, and not knowing the area. It must have been difficult to explain your reasons x

    ReplyDelete