Pages

Monday 26 March 2012

MONDAY, LUNGS

Spent this morning at Calderdale Royal having a full lung-function test.
What it actually meant was: I had to get up early (not good, I'm always wobbly in the morning).
Rebecca gave me a lift to Halifax . (Thankyou).
I the huffed and puffed,  and puffed and huffed into various tubes, bags.. sitting and laying down... for 2 3/4 hrs... I was quick it could have been 31/2 hrs!
I focussed on the times I used to dive and breathing came easily from then on. I feel that my ability to use my voice effectively in a crowd ( headteacher/ actor voice!) has helped my breathing.

So why was this done? In fact it didn't matter what today's results were.. it is a base-line. I will be tested every so often to see how my lung function decreases as my muscles get weaker.

Not a happy thought, but good that I start from a position of strength. But it was exhausting, all that breathing to order!!
It's all in a days work with MND!

HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND

No comments:

Post a Comment