Pages

Monday 12 March 2012

COLOUR AND CORRIE!

OK to get the Corrie bit over first... somehow I've got hooked into Coronation Street again. Thought I'd left this addiction behind years ago!! But the murder story is unfolding, and apparently all will be revealed with in the month... so my addiction will end then!


COLOUR: Tony, my friend, and Tutor on the HND came for a cuppa and pizza today. We talked and talked. It was brill. He noticed that my palette has has changed. So we had a long talk about why, and what drives my paintings. It's always been the use of the paint, the feel of the application , as well as colour. I used to use pinks , purples and blues....


But:Thinking back ,my obsession with colour all began some 8 yrs ago. I visited Jo Roche at House of Colour. She analyses which colours suit you. This happens by putting scarves around you. Then as she withdraws them you see your face light up or go dull, according to the colour which predominates.It turns out that I am a "winter". Strong jewel colours suit me. If you look around my house you can see this.
In my wardrobe there were smart clothes, looking wonderful on the hanger, fitting well, but making me look plain dull!  These were mainly the beige and browns, that I thought would suit my complexion..... until  I had the revelation of which actual colours suit me.
This colour palette has continued through to my paintings. Not consciously. But analyzing it, it's true.. These strong colours are what I use. 


Since the diagnosis, I have moved on to include reds, yellows in bright, bright shades. I thought this was because I have had such a shock. Talking about it with Tony , has made me think that probably its a "Carpe Diem", time with paint,  as in other aspects of my life.. 
After all, I  have two choices.. sit ,moan and wait to get weaker... OR.. approach life full-on, get on with it, and enjoy every moment,..... being as strong as possible. This doesn't mean that I do stuff all the time, ( I have to rest)... but even when my body is resting my brain is working. 
Life is  for living... and now  I'm doing it in Technicolour! You'll see the results when/if you come to my exhibition to be held at The Platform Gallery, in May.


HUG ME , I'VE GOT MND

2 comments:

  1. Look forward to seeing your exhibition......Keep painting x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just caught up with you Nikki - loved the face behind the daffs - and the tree - all the vibrant colours of your paintings - when can I come and see you?
    So glad the stairlift is energy-saving and a success.
    Here's a week's worth of HUGS - Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug -one for luck!
    Jenny xxx

    ReplyDelete