Pages

Friday 30 March 2012

GET A GRIP, NIKKI!

Hi, Didn't write yesterday as it was sooooo busy. Ending up with a meal and meeting for us three artists, Chris Nichol, Christine Chapman and myself.. who are exhibiting at The Platform Gallery in May. The exhibition is to be called   a May zing... an exhibition for May. 
We sorted poster design and  purchase, purchase of cards/flyers, wine, nibbles, dates, labels.... etc etc...... I was utterly exhausted ,and actually left my guests to wash up and lock up whilst I went to bed!!!   Good friends, yes!


Didn't know if I would have the energy to do my volunteer work today, but managed a 3hr shift!
Tonight I have just finished a lovely meal, (left-over casserole from last night) and am feeling ready for bed. 
I am thrilled that tomorrow is free-ish. On Sunday, I am going to the MND conference at Leeds. Elsa is my "carer" and transport. Thankyou. I'll report back. 
When choosing meals you had to choose veggie, normal, or thickened.. might have said this before but I really struggle with this reality... it's what I will face, but hopefully not too soon.
 And as a reference to the title......I have found that the hand bars to pull myself off the downstairs loo are not working for me any more. I am able to push up, but not pull up. Scott (OT) has provided me with a sort of chair outline that goes around my toilet, so now I can push myself up and off... a bonus not to be stuck I guess.


Some of this is negative and sad , (a lot is), SO I must add a funny to end. Something  which actually happened earlier this week: 
A friend, not known for being a technical person, visited. I asked him to put a box in the back of the car, ( for me to then take to re-cycling when I pass). He was gone ages. I looked out to see what was happening, only to see him struggling to get it over the drivers seat.... he didn't realise the car has 5 doors!! 
I was going to ask him to hang out washing, but , really, life is too too short!!!


HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND

1 comment:

  1. And they say woman are dizzy ! The exhibition sounds great -look forward to hearing more ! Thanks for stopping by and wishing us luck with our fund raiser-much appreciated hugs Jan xx

    ReplyDelete