Pages

Friday 2 March 2012

PIED BEAUTY

This title refers to a poem by Gerard  Manley Hopkins. The first line of which is " Glory be to God for dappled things....."
It's all about the value of perfection... or not.... ie things that are not just perfect but are, actually of value. 
My body is no longer perfect but that doesn't mean than my life can't be of value.
It's so hard balancing things... needing a stair lift etc... but still being a "proper " person in my own right.
At the risk of boring you , I have to say I am a normal person when I paint... and yet have to balance this against when (for example), I do go out. 
Today I went to Eden Spa for a massage... really did feel so unsteady and actually have looked at wheel-chairs, on line, tonight. I simply can't believe how fast the progress of this horrible illness is. My legs are now so, so weak... and get weaker daily. I am so pleased that my stair-lift will be here tomorrow morning... imagine, 6 months ago this would have been  totally out of my thoughts, and indeed provoked laughter!


But going back to Pied Beauty, I am graced with the thoughts that there is value in life... OK I have to make adjustments (and they are big ones) but these count for nothing as against the value simply living, and enjoying the life I have. Friends , like you, my readers.... in UK, USA and Canada make me feel valued and give me such support in the face of this sadness. So, Thankyou, each one of you...  all 2050 readers,...... so far. 


HUG ME ,I'VE GOT MND

1 comment:

  1. Wow so many readers and I trust you are making them all think when reading your thoughts, findings and feelings x

    ReplyDelete