Pages

Tuesday 27 March 2012

COOKING IS A MATTER OF...

I've always thought that cooking is a matter of reading and maths.
Reading the instructions ......and maths for measuring and timing.
Timing is critical. You start with an end point for example a roast dinner, (exactly what I fancied tonight). Then with the longest item you subtract how long that would take. You the chart the other items and thus work out an order of work. Everything should then be complete at the time you wish to serve.
So why Have I got cooked potatoes, half cooked cauli. no gravy , pork rested for far too long and 20 mins to go on Yorkshires. ??? Well Yorkshires a cheat,,, bought Aunt Bessies. The pack of 12. I scanned, saw 12 and thought this was the cooking time, ( was actually the number in the packet)!
Might be eating by 9:30 at this rate.
This just crowns off a day to be forgotten.!
Don't feel I've achieved.
Have cried a lot, especially at the thought that I have wasted a precious day.



HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND

1 comment:

  1. One of the reasons I hate cooking - it`s so time consuming and I`m pants at it -the only one crying is my hubby who has to eat what I try and cook for him ! sending you a big hug-tomorrow will be a better day xx

    ReplyDelete