Pages

Tuesday 17 January 2012

FIXED UP , WITH FOOT UP!

Today I had my first visit from the physiotherapist, Michaela. She was absolutely lovely. We talked about my specific difficulties , had a cuppa, and she took a reading of my breathing, through a machine attached to my finger. The reading was 97.. which is, apparently, fine. She was pleased that I could talk in long sentences without taking breath. and thought that as I breathed from my diaphragm that I was doing well. (The appointment with Dr Thomas re breathing, came through too, mid Feb). 
But my title tonight FOOT-UP, is a Velcro device that fits around my ankle, with an elastic strap attached to my mid foot, which allows me to put my foot forward, which I can do, but then ,will bring my foot back to level. This means I should walk without dragging my foot and thus will be more normal in walking and thus will give less stress to the rest of my body.
Because I was tired, I struggled to get up the all the steps on the way to my car today... (for the first time), so I think I need a hand rail.... but then tried using 2 sticks and this was really ok.. so no handrail needed yet! YEY!
So, long live Velcro!  ......................and don't forget:
HUG ME,I'VE GOT MND.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like such a simple little device but I`m glad that it works for you and Michaela sound lovely ! Hugs Jan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good and nice that you get on with the physio xx

      Delete
    2. Michaela is lovely... but I haven't got the device yet... will have to wait to see if it works with 3" Jimmy Choes !! (In my dreams!!) xxx

      Delete