Pages

Saturday 28 January 2012

MEGA SORT-OUT

Wow! what a lot has been accomplished today, My lovely family have moved a bed up to the old studio, moved canvasses into old spare bedroom, making a good storage area for all my crafts and extra painting gear.
We then started on drawers that hadn't been organised since I moved here in 1994!
What fun this was, so many laughs and great help from them all. Me having to answer questions eg ... "Do you use this?".." How longs once you last used it..."..." What on earth do you need three empty plastic bags for?".. "Doilies" ???? So another bag or rubbish made and nice tidy organised drawers. Yey! BIG thankyou family.

Now Rubbish Collection: Last week I was assessed, yes assessed, to have my bin and recycling on the top step area, so that I could access it myself. (I've been having to ask any visitors to put stuff out, as the steps are too steep to manage with a bag in hand, and I seek to be as independent as I can...)

So: I passed the assessment... and thus every Thursday my recycling should be collected, and every-other Thursday bin rubbish too. So Thursday came, Bin-men came ..and... yes you guessed...DIDN'T collect my recycling.So I called environmental health... Friday came and 3 men turned up to collect, sadly with little grace... And when they should collect the bin on Thursday, I reckon there will be a dispute situation as I have more than the statutory 5 black bags....................... grrrrr

This sort of thing should be so simple... but it seems you have to double and sometimes redouble effort to get stuff done... (Sorry, moan coming up)..

I must say when you feel you have limited time , you want to spend it wisely... OK I've got much more than weeks and months and I don't mean to be morbid, as I'm sure I'll have years BUT I simply don't know how many of these I will be able to get around as well as I do now. So I don't want to waste a moment.
SO HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND

1 comment:

  1. Have been away since Weds so I've caught up with you now. Have a good weekend x

    ReplyDelete