Pages

Sunday 29 January 2012

NORTH AND SOUTH

It was sad, as always, to see my family leave this morning, but it really was lovely to see them. They all helped so much... moving furniture and sorting things... brilliant. I now need to get the ex studio organised as my grandchildren visit in 3 weeks for my birthday. I haven't seen them for ages, so it is a very special occasion. I can't wait to see them and my other daughter whom I last saw when I told her the diagnosis news. On my birthday, I plan a trip to Eureka for the little ones and a chocolate cake with lots of candles to blow out...... many, many, times! Apparently they love blowing candles... ............so they are normal then!


Anyway I digress from my title. After Chrissie, Andy and Caroline left I did a few jobs, showered and then sat down to watch the BBC video of North and South. It is the book for the readers group I belong to.... but I rarely manage to read all the book so have decided to watch the videos, if they are available. and WOW! What a wonderful story and lovely production. I may not be able to comment on the literary style of Elizabeth Gaskell but will be able to enthuse on the story. How powerful.. how pertinent.. considering the present  financial situation in our world. It all seems to be a balancing act, fraught with power-politics and perhaps not enough honesty... but honesty and respect win through....  4 hours worth of TV: it was brilliant for every moment and I wanted it never to end. Quite made me forget myself. I was lost in the power of the story.
But do be sure I need not only good stories to escape my thoughts and fears , but also you my friends and readers:
SO HUG ME. I'VE GOT MND ..

1 comment:

  1. I have nearly finished the book and look forward to seeing the DVD later. See you tomorrow at mine x

    ReplyDelete