Pages

Saturday 21 January 2012

THREE IS GOOD!

My mum was a great believer in superstitions. Eg no shoes on the table (people got buried in new shoes apparently). If you give someone something sharp, you cut a friendship, so you have to pay them a penny. But her most odd one was, if you broke something you had to break two more things... usually 2 more jam jars. As these were collected , for jam making, chutney etc..., this always seemed a waste to me.
Anyway last night, I noticed that the glass I had poured some wine into, had a chip( bloomin' dishwasher!). So I chucked it. Didn't think any more about it, but 10mins ago, I went to get a cup, and two mugs fell out. Both broke! So I've done my three... perhaps there was some sense in her superstition!
The fact that the mugs were stacked though is a different story. I can't any longer lift small plates off large plates. I have had to rearrange my cupboard, which has meant stacking mugs. So this MND, has consequences wherever you look in my home. I have had to make so many minor adjustments to keep going and manage. I guess you wouldn't notice, but I do. I have to think things through and recognise my failings. 
It is hard, so hard to admit and to live with. 
BUT I guess if it keeps me going then that's not too bad.
So don't forget:
HUG ME , I'VE GOT MND

2 comments:

  1. In my childhood things always happened in 3s. You were always waiting for the next 2 to happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My gran was always the same -you always had to salute a magpie-never bring lilac in to the house and if you dropped a knife [ well I think it was a knife ] it meant to expect a stranger at your door !

    ReplyDelete