Pages

Thursday 5 January 2012

SERIOUS.. Euthanasia

OK, as I write the issue of early(?) death for those of us with a life-limiting illness is on the news.
So what are my views? Well in the 12 days when I was 99% sure I had MND, but hadn't seen the neurologist, I did lots of thinking, and lots of research.
The single ticket to Switzerland, I can tell you now, I won't be buying. 
You have to be resident in Switzerland for four days. Imagine how stressful that would be... too much for me. Additionally you have to be able to swallow the medicine. For me this would meant ending my life before I need to go. MND means that I will have difficulty swallowing and may well have to decide on a feeding tube. (PEG)
At the moment, my thoughts are, that I will have a feeding tube and want to be around as long as I can communicate... though this may well be a computerised system.... who knows how?   But when I can't any longer say:


Hug Me, I've Got MND


then maybe it will be time to go, quietly and peacefully.

1 comment:

  1. Yes I heard the news this morning and I thought of what you had said in that first email to us. Big hug today x

    ReplyDelete