Pages

Sunday 15 January 2012

A QUICK LESSON IN COLOUR MIXING...FROM AN ARTIST!!

You simply wouldn't believe how dim I can be!
Today, I decided to ice my Christmas cake, (yes I know, a bit early!) So to start with the almond paste (yum!). Then regal ice tomorrow adding  almond paste decorations.... stars. 
So there I was with yellow almond paste . I added pink colour to make the beautiful stars for the top. But yellow and pink actually make a weird flesh colour! So I went on to kneed in some red colour, (by now anyone eating this will be hyper for a month!!!- because of E-numbers).  
I looked like I had slashed both wrists and the icing is a vile orange...
So remember:
Yellow and pink makes flesh colour!.
Yellow red and pink make disgusting orange!


And me, an artist, you'd think I knew better!!


Move on to plan B: Tomorrow the white icing, any leftovers to be mixed with pink colour and stars made....
Hope it tastes good after all this.
You could give me your opinion if you call in for a cuppa,..... but don't forget:
HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND,

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the result! This year I made my own cake and iced it for the first time in many years. No fancy stars or colouring or shapes and the white icing was far too runny! You should have seen the mess and me definitely not an artist. I think I might just make the cake and almond paste it next year xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a piece for you on Thursday Linda. It tastes good, but ended up decorated very simply... the violent orange stars went in the recycling food box! They were just too awful! See you soon. Love Nikki xxxx

    ReplyDelete