Pages

Friday 20 January 2012

CATCHING UP

LAST NIGHT, Sorry I didn't write yesterday but i spent the evening with my friend Elsa. We went for Fish and Chips, which were lovely, hot, tasty and filling.. and the glass of wine made it.
BUT then we went to Hebden Bridge Picture House to see Wuthering Heights. Well the least said the better. I really did not enjoy the film. It was dark, bleak and unpleasant.. and heaven only knows what it had to do with the book. It was long ..... and I slept for half of it!! 
I got home too tired and p.....  off to write Blog.. so sorry!
READING: So I got home, had a glass of milk, and went to bed.. and : for the first time, since the diagnosis of MND.. I read! Yey!! Haven't been able too for weeks. I started the thriller, given to me by Tom , my neighbour, for Christmas. It is a good choice, but I wouldn't expect anything less Tom Palmer is an author... and knows exactly the type of books I enjoy. But what a thrill for me... to actually be turned on by a book again ! I'm getting back to normal!! Can't wait to get to bed for tonight's read!
IN MY BATHROOM: What an error! My bathroom window has the bottom half made of obscured glass. But the top half is clear, no-one can see in, but I can have a view of Cross Stone Church and the hill above. Well I thought no-one could see in.... but ...didn't plan for the scaffolding on next-door but one!
So there was I, drying myself off after my shower, spraying deodorant, powdering my-self with baby powder... and I looked up... there was a man on the roof... with a perfect view of my imperfect body!!
Note to self.. draw blind!!!
YOU NEED TO BE A FIT OCTOPUS:  To put together a wine rack! Life is too short for me to do these tasks.. actually without MND, my life would be too short. Rebecca helped, and Steven finished off... and  I put the wine bottles in place... simples!!!
ELECTRICIAN: Elsa put me in touch with a wonderful electrician, Richard, who put up my amazing chandelier.... it's red, pink, blue with millions of beads! My studio is now nearly finished!!!
THE SWAP: Tonight Steven, with Helen ,I hope, return to put together two CD racks.. and the swap is a mat I bought at a bargain price from LIDL... but it is too wide... so it will go to the Todmorden Hippodrome to be used on a set.. and I await the Ikea delivery of one that fits!
SO ALL'S WELL THAT ENDS WELL:  So a busy 24 hrs, but very productive. I'm so near to painting again, it's giving me quite a rush!! Can't wait to be able to smell the turps and paint very very soon...
But I still need, and value, your help everyone,so thankyou, but don't forget:
HUG ME , I'VE GOT MND

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the chandelier, it will I know be just perfect for your studio x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOH Do we get to see a picture of the chandelier ? it sounds perfect ! I love to settle down with a good book ,preferably a thriller. Thanks for the giggle over the bathroom incident -a blind definitely sounds like a good idea- hugs Jan x

    ReplyDelete