Pages

Friday 14 September 2012

FRIDAY 31 AUG

I woke, as lonely as I had been ,when I fell asleep. Totally desolate, at the bottom of an Everest.

Jenny arrived late morning and we did some more sorting of boxes. I had 2 aims: to find my toothbrush and to shower. Eventually we found the toothbrush. Oh ! , the pleasure of clean teeth. But the shower was not achieved.
 
Anne arrived at 2:00. Leaving her to do washing up or some similar, I excused myself to shower. All clothes out, got into bath wheel chair...( Its one you use your hands to push (another first) and it has a horse-shoe shaped seat, so that you can wash thoroughly. )
So there I was poised. Water on.. cold..wait..cold..wait..cold..
Eventually it occurred to me that I could sit till Christmas and the water wouldn't get hot.

Anne suggested ringing Richard.( I felt like suggesting a cry!!).  He arrived with Steve and they both searched for the boiler. To this day I don't know where it is , but rather think it must be in the garage as water takes ages to get hot into the house. Richard found the fault, YEY!!! .... nothing to do with the boiler. The valve to allow water through had been turned off.
But by now my dirty body was dressed and it takes so much energy to dress and undress that I thought I would simply stay dirty, and I did.

Richard then spent a while sorting out email , BB connexion etc for me and both men fiddled with knobs and controls on things.. Stressing me out as I'm an instructions person, especially as the new stuff is not mine.. anyway, they realised I was getting anxious and stopped fiddling! Thankyou!

We also talked about carers and it so happened that Anne's dads, carer, lives in the road immediately opposite me. So contact was made and an arrangement to  meet the following day.

That evening Rebecca and Tom were due to bring over my freezer food. They had been held up and asked if they could bring it the next afternoon. As I has no food I did say that I hoped they could bring it , even if late.
Anyway all was resolved very happily as they came over bringing Pizza!! So lovely to see them all.

I went to bed. and even though I had been surrounded by kind helpful people all day I still felt the desolation ........ a horrid empty feeling.

HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND

No comments:

Post a Comment