Pages

Tuesday 25 September 2012

MND MARCHES ON.....

A bit serious this post. My arms are getting weaker.. Lifting becomes more and more difficult.

I got a call from Overgate Hospice today, offering me a day care place. More when I feel I can write about this. Its another step on the way for me. Quite an emotional step.



I am friends, (via MNDA and Facebook), with Alistair The Optimist.. he has been a public face for MNDA recently. He is (was), a teacher, father and musician. 

Three months ago he went into hosp to have a PEG fitted. 
The PEG is a tube to feed you, directly into your stomach. 
All of us with MND, will eventually end up with one. Well I guess, unless you refuse, but it does seem to me that a feeding tube is a small price to pay for a little more life... and the NHS even  pay for your "food" !!!!!

Earlier this week Alistair wrote, " A year ago, I was strumming my guitar... Now my arms don't move.."

This made me realise the road I'm on, and to feel so sad for us all. 

MND has an inexorable march forwards,, there is no stopping it, there is no way you can tell how quickly  it will move.....  It is hard to live with all this.

Alistair's music can be seen on You Tube. I thought it appropriate to share a track with you all.

Enjoy,.............. but think of all of us with MND...............we are really trying our very best to keep strong and positive.





HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND

1 comment: