Pages

Friday 14 September 2012

THURSDAY 30TH AUG, MOVING DAY

I woke at 7:30, dressed....... took some photos... Elsa arrived at 8:40 and Howarth's at 9:00.. John at 9:30...

We sat, made tea, and I smoked a few cigarettes... until the kettle boiled over and wrecked the packet!! A quick shufty through the unpacked boxes, revealed another packet... was I ever pleased.

So at about one-ish, all was packed, and it was time for me to leave. I felt tense.

The Howarth's men carried me out on my transfer chair.
I got into car, but couldn't effect the lock down for the chair. I had forgotten that the passenger chair needs to be pulled forward, and John was sitting there. Howarth's men made stressful, (to me )comments, like .. Poor lady what if she was alone, and in the dark!!!

Oh dear!
After I sussed that the seat needed to be forward, and John got it sorted, we were were ready to move.

Elsa went ahead to get some lunch and bring to MM.

I arrived. The traffic gods had been with me and no hill starts required on Keighley rd. But he stress of feeling I might have to do a hill start was intense.

So I got to MM. Parked outside, there were 5 people waiting and the Howarth's van. They all said go onto the drive.

As there were so many watching , and I was so stressed, I didn't do a proper swing around. Thus meant I had to do a hill start on my drive.  As ever it (the car) slipped back then jerked forward.. fast.. I nearly hit the house!!!!!!

So, for the first time , I entered my home in my new (wide ! ) wheelchair. I got through door.. difficult.. and simply collapsed.................... totally hysterical..

After a few moment I pulled myself together.

Richard needed to give me important instructions.
Howarth's were putting furniture in rooms.
Friends were buzzing round.

People surronded me, in my new chair it was so,  sooo difficult to move!!

STOP THE WORLD I WANT TO GET OFF!!!!!!

The next few hours are somewhat of a blur.
Liz arrived, Pat had to leave... we sat and ate and drank quite a lot of wine.
Eventually I went to bed, absolutely  shattered , but slept fitfully.


One of the loneliest nights I have ever spent.
I feel as if I have been moved here to die, I feel totally, totally displaced.


HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND



1 comment:

  1. Seeing you 4 days after this stressful time for you I would never have guessed. You were organised, and organised Roger and me ( best way to get things done!). You may not have been, but you looked so relaxed sitting in your chair outside MM in the lovely sunshine.

    ReplyDelete