Pages

Monday 24 September 2012

THE WEEKEND

On Saturday I spent 8 hrs,yes , 8 hrs , sorting the papers on my desk. I had hoped also to complete the sorting of the paper in the two baskets on the dining table...BUT  cant believe how long the desk took.. but the thrill of polishing it at the end and the tidy appearance was sooo...... rewarding. 
I set the recorder to record The Archers on Radio 4 on Sunday morn.

 I was woken by a txt to say how lovely a Christine's daughters wedding was, and to thank me for the loan of special wedding shoes. 
Next call was from Jane , and we arranged for her to visit at 2:30. 
Next call was from Steve, he had some runner beans for me. Yea !!!.
Later Liz rang and arranged to pop in and
Tom also arranged a visit.

Steve came first , we chatted and he also prepared the beans. 
Jane came laden with goodies. She introduced me to UGG boots ( and I ordered some last night, they are warm and light) , Jane also massaged my feet ( reminded me of the bible story) and offered to take me to the MND fundraiser organised by Eliza on Oct4th.. Wow.. how really happy this has made me.
Liz popped in . She did washing machine start, and dishwasher emptying.. and the we had a great glass of Pino Grigio.  
Tom and Iris came later with stuff from my house and a cupcake decorated by Iris herself.  ( I had it as dessert, yum.. thanks sweet Iris).

I then caught up on Downton Abbey and X Factor..................... and off to bed.
But sleep didn't come easily... does it ever.!!!

HUG ME I'VE GOT MND

No comments:

Post a Comment