Pages

Wednesday 12 September 2012

MONDAY 27TH AUG

Today the plane was to take stuff to Misty Morn, and the go on to Ikea... all to get used to driving with my hands so that when baby grandchild arrives in a week or so I will feel confident to drive to Northampton.

This , in fact was a revised plan.. I should have gone on Sunday 26th.. but something happened to prevent this.. my diary doesn't indicate why.

Well  I left Tod in pouring rain. As I could no longer get down the steps, and had to get out on my bottom, I got Steve C to wrap me Mummy-like in black plastic bags.! Fine idea, in the house, but as I moved down the steps the bags separated and  my bum got soaking wet. Steve who by this time was also soaking got a towel for me to sit on in car.
Ginny had to go to hairdressers and thus couldn't wait to help unload, but Elsa was there and moved stuff in. I couldn't enter house and organise as the carets had only just been stuck down and I couldn't go on them for 24hrs. 

So no visit, inside my new home, in my wheel chair, yet!!

Off to Ikea,  E always goes to Warrington. After a while we noticed that there was road closure , accident, so we turned and went to Ikea Batley. However before we even got to the turn round point I realised how stressed I was, how exhausted and how unable I would be to get to Northampton when baby S arrived.

The trip on motorway was Ok, actually got up to 60mph, but did no overtaking. But this car is soo soo stressful to drive.. not at all confident.
At Ikea , the coffee table I planned to buy was not very large, looked like a child's piece of furniture! But I did manage to get the refund on the chair cover, within the 90 days... just!

When we got back to HB, Elsa took a taxi home as I was simply too tired and stressed to drive up the Keighley road with its possible hill starts. I did get back to Tod safely and collapsed with a large G&T,

HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND


No comments:

Post a Comment