Pages

Saturday 15 September 2012

SEPTEMBER15TH, FIRST OF THE NON CATCH-UP WRITINGS!

This morning I woke with pain in my right hip. I had woken in the night also with  pain in my left hip. I think this is because, whereas a person without MND would naturally turn in their sleep, then a person with MND, simply doesn't. There must be a muscle resistance to turning easily, and thus you don't.

I have been asked by social services if I need help turning in bed at night. So Far I've said no... but I can see a day when this will be necessary. For now I'm thinking , should I have a different mattress?...... Something to talk through with the OT and or Physio.

Got to kitchen , put kettle on, fed Meggie. Looked at her litter tray, another early morning job, clearing it out . BUT she hadn't used it until last night. Shock, I guess, and....BOY!!! did she use it!! So my next task was to bag it all up, put new litter in. Put bag in bin-bag and hope someone would visit and put bin-bag in bin. (I can.t get there at the moment, car parked wrongly, but after driving lesson today will park so that I can get there.

In doing litter tray I spilled (clean) litter over the hall-way carpet, and can't reach the dust-pan and brush. It is very difficult to get the chair into the utility room without getting stuck. This causes real probs on using the washer and the dishwasher............... more later.

Just settling to Muesli and coffee when I also texted Chrissie. Apparently Ray (Grandpa) not going over ,as Eliza's dog , Stomp, had, had flees!  As new parents I understand that they are cautious, and I'm sure they will reach a balance between risk and and caution soon.

Whilst all this was going on Elsa phoned and visited with Deborah, made coffee, put on washer and dishwasher and put bag in bin . YEY!!

Showered. Just drying when knock at door, doorbell didn't work (!), Tom and Iris at door. Tom pushed me to bedroom and closed door , I dressed ,he made a cuppa. How lovely it was to see them both.

After they went I had two practise runs at locating the chair in the car. Good at getting in, first time both times... but getting out SCAREY!!!!! I never was any good at reversing!!!


Justine came at 3:30. I am doing the sketches which the photographer shows to the ladies of Calender Girls, on the stage . Play at Todmorden Hippodrome, opens Oct 10th.

I waited for Dennis , driving instructor... When he arrived we got (well he got ) drivers seat into car. We went for a drive. He realised how difficult it was for me, as hill starts v v difficult if not impossible. The answer to the problem is to disengage the accelerator  from the brake.. which may be illegal... or move to a flat place like Norfolk!!
I didn't actually drive... He parked car so that now at least I can get to garage... but drivers seat in, ......no empty place for w..chair.  Abandoned, till help is found

I have spent £3000 on car and £3000 on adaptations.. and then there's my weekly Motability money!! .. and I still cant drive. I'm still not free. I'm so frustrated! I just want to weep. Im fighting MND.. I don't want to fght a B car too.. this is hard... so so hard. I feel alone and so B angry, so diolusioned so so B upset... words simply cant convey my anger and feelings...

Elsa came in tonight and we are to plan a campaign... £6000 brings a lot of taxis!!
Watch this space. Elsa is B mad on my behalf, and I am so grateful, because I so need help, so need an advocate.. I'm loosing the effort, don't have then strength, at the moment, to fight re cars and every thing else that daily life entails.

HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND.

No comments:

Post a Comment