Pages

Tuesday 18 September 2012

WEDNESDAY 12TH SEPT

A manic day!!! ...  headache and rest in bed needed....................... Because....

Got up showered! The usual performance with swapping of wheel chairs. Perhaps ,I turned on shower harder than usual, .......but the wet room flooded.. As I saw the water was about to go into hall, there was no other action to take , but to throw (clean/white), bathrobe over lake of water. Had to leave shower room, in push wheel chair, covered only by small towel which fell off!! Glass in front door clear(I'll get a curtain when I can go out in car!!!)... so,now  nude , I got to bedroom! No passers by, unusually, but thank goodness!!

At 11:15 Samira arrived. Samira is a dietician, and we talked about my problems of time taking to cook and thus not eating a proper meal. I have a resistance to ready meals, ( what scuffers have !!, Judgemental , I know!!), but she reassured me that a few ready meals would be OK. We also talked about my throat closing when faced with large things.. like an apple. I simply haven't managed to eat fruit, always a former favourite. So she suggested that I carry on with Fran chopping fruit , but also to buy ready prepared fruit snacks.Expensive , but necessary. We also discussed high protein easy lunches, and she reminded me of sardines. So they will be on my next Tesco order. A very good session.

During this time with Samira,  Mick, sparky, was here putting in a new socket in the bedroom. This will so help charging the w.chair at night. I have been doing it in the kitchen, and having to transfer to the shower chair to get to bed. The installation of this was noisy, caused the electricity to go off. The fall detector then automatically gave the message "WARNING, NO POWER CONNECTED" , every few minutes... Manic!!!!!.. and yet the session with Samira was good.

As she left the man from building-support arrived to fix handrails in bathroom and toilet and to fix the door key-pad. He did his job and left. It was only then that I realised there was grit and dust from drilling everywhere he had been. !!!

At12:30 , Tracy my cleaner, arrived for her first session. She bounced around, which did somewhat surprise me, as she is a yoga teacher. I gave her the very firm instructions re cleaning the Closomat toilet. NO bleach must ever be used , She then did a deep clean on the bathroom. The dust from the grouting was not cleared off. This was a great job and she did it well, But the floors didn't get hoovered,  as it all took so long. Next week I hope the rest of the house will get a good got through. Though it will take a while to get to a normal clean ,as all the windows are dusty and skirting boards etc... after the building work.

Enough for one day. I had a rest on my bed.

HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND


No comments:

Post a Comment