Pages

Wednesday 19 September 2012

IT''S WEDNESDAY, CLEANER DUE TODAY

I woke at 4:00 this morning. I tossed and turned and eventually got up at 5:15 to make a cup of tea. This was no easy decision. 
Remember I have to put on foot support, move to the bottom of the bed, balance, move into chair, unplug , turn it.. go to loo (inevitably when you wake up), get to kitchen. Stop chair, stand, balance, fill kettle,not too full  !!, as then its too heavy, put on, reach for tea bag, fill cup, back to chair, move over kitchen, get in position to open fridge for milk, which requires I turn chair around, Milk in... carry hot tea carefully to bed room, pop on window sill as I balance ...moving along the cup with free hand. Tentatively get cup on bedside table. Drink tea. Watch sky get brighter, fall asleep at 6:30.. wake with alarm at 8:45.

Same process again, but this time I put coffee in cup!! and don't go back to bed. 
I watch the cows in the field, and eventually get cereal, eat some of it and manage to load dishwasher. ..... Four trips to utility room, each involving a trip to turn in the hall, the right angle turn to the utility room cant be manoeuvred in one. Each piece placed involving a balancing act....

Shower time. Got into robe and was just about to turn tap on when I realised I was in the wrong chair! In swapping chairs I got them totally stuck together, It took about 10 mins to do the transfer!!

Shower, hair wash. Clean clothes. Getting clothes out isn't easy, as yet again I have to balance, whilst reaching for a jumper I have to catch myself on the wardrobe door , to prevent a fall,but it swings... I thankfully land on the chair!!!!!!

Dressed, another cup of coffee.. same process.

I rang David re car. He answered (YEY! ???) said be was getting in touch with man at Motability. He would ring back.  
Rang Hosp transport to arrange transport for Thurs next week as I'm have a 24 hr ECG fitted.

I rang David, he had had a missed call from Motability, would ring them back then get in touch with me. 

NO CALL!!

And now we get to 12:30. Tracy, cleaner arrives. 
1:00 Tesco man arrives. As he picked up the 5litre bag of cat litter it split.. It bounced all over the kitchen.. into every orifice!! He got broom and was sweeping up when Tracy joined in with a dustpan and brush.. this caused further eddies of cat litter... what a mess!!! But the funniest bit of the day !!

Tracy did her stuff and as she was about to go the MNDA woman , Carol, rang back. She seems to be a terrier.. and is taking over sorting this for me. Thank goodness, I so need an advocate.

I then went to feed Meggie. I couldn't find her food tray. Eventually I saw it had been moved to the utility room... WHY?? 

It took some minutes to pick the bowls up, and I spilled her water on the floor and down my clean ( this morning ),  trousers!!!!  V V upsetting

This evening I have eaten. A frozen asparagus risotto, to which I added some salmon.

When I went to turn bedroom light on and close curtains, I saw my water mug by my bed. Why did Tracy move tea mug and not water mug??? WHY ???

Im feeling, sadly,  stressed... 

BUT tomorrow my easel and art stuff arrives,...... its been in store.

Normality ??? Hope so.

HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND

1 comment:

  1. You're SO brave, Nikki! I'm not sure that I could ever have coped on my own. Good for you. Can't wait to see examples of your art.

    ReplyDelete